Registration details can be found in the Journal Officiel.
The Association pour la Sauvegarde du Patrimoine Martiniquais (ASSAUPAMAR) is an ecological association that was created in 1981 to protect the shared patrimony of Martinique and promote the protection of, and respect for, its natural environment.
ASSAUPAMAR campaigns for the preservation and defence of the following:
- Human rights
- Protecting the health of men, women and children against major natural and technological risks
- Living conditions and the environment
- The animal and vegetable species of Martinique found on and in the land and in the forests
- Coastal, terrestrial and subterranean waters
- Mangroves, lakes, marshlands and other humid zones
- Maritime public domain and ilets
- Professions respecting the ecological cycle.
In January 2017, ASSAUPAMAR added a new objective:
- To defend, protect and foreground biodiversity, while acting to preserve the conditions for a lasting and interdependent development of the country, notably through the control of urbanisation and land use planning.