Details concerning the registration of this association can be found in the Journal Officiel.
Created in 2014, the association les Amis du Mémorial ACTe (Friends of the Memorial Act) works to promote the activity of the centre for expression and remembrance called " Mémorial ACTe", Caribbean Centre for the expression and remembrance of the slave trade and slavery, and encourages its reach and influence.
The objectives of the Friends of the Mémorial ACTe are as follows:
- To participate in the life of the Mémorial ACTe by taking an active part in the implementation of all activities, events, public or private meetings, conferences, colloques, exhibitions, performances, publications, correspondence networks, multimedia activities, research, creation of prizes, scholarships, contests, trips and expeditions that the association could generate as part of its objectives, although this list is not exhaustive
- To raise general awareness of the Mémorial ACTe by contributing to its influence in Guadeloupe, in the Caribbean and in the world by any means and appropriate actions that can help develop visits, the organization, promotion and diffusion of the activities, events, collections and programs proposed by the Mémorial ACTe and destined to the public
- To help expand the collection through the acquisition, restoration and enhancement of objects, historical works of art worthy of interest
- To encourage and support any effort or initiatives in obtaining gifts or loans from French and foreign patrons allowing it to increase its heritage
- To prepare the implementation of a Mémorial ACTe Foundation
- To support any appropriate steps towards the signing of agreements and conventions with all cultural institutions and museums, national and international